Thursday, July 28, 2016

The Struggle (7.28.2016)


The title of this page is a direct reference to the making of it.

This was a work and progress over a series of days, and it fought me every step of the way. I'm still not completely happy with the way it turned out, but I decided to call it done. I also heavily considered not sharing it at all, but there are a few small bits that stood out to me as being nice, and I also wanted to show that everyone struggles sometimes.


However, even with the chaos  of the page, there are a few parts that I do like. That's what I keep trying to focus on, and it has helped significantly.
  • First and foremost, on the left, you can see the section on the bottom, where a bit of collage work, green and blue paint, and doodles done in pen show through. As I was proceeding through the layers that followed, I took special care to keep this section intact.
  • On the right, you can see a bit where I did some stitching with thread. Also in this photo you can see multiple layers of paint, stenciling, stamping and collage. As you can see, I was struggling to find something that worked. If this photograph alone was the entire piece, I would be incredibly happy with it.
In the end, we all struggle. Sometimes there's nothing we can do to avoid it, and everything seems to be working against us. The best we can do is push through and focus on the good things. I hope you all got something out of this, and I'll talk to you soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment