Monday, September 5, 2016

A Concept Come to Life (9.5.2016)


 Seeing as today was Labor Day and I spent most of it visiting with family, I only have a quick face to share with all of you today (I might work on some mixed media later tonight, but I have to work early tomorrow so we'll see).

This had been a concept in my mind for the past couple of days, and I decided to give it a shot. It didn't turn out quite as great as it had been in my head, but I do like the way that it turned out, even if it does look better from a distance.


Despite the fact that I like it better from a distance, I'll allow some closer photographs anyways.

  • In both of the above photos, you can see the line where I erased away the skin shading a good bit to create a more defined edge. If I had a do over, I wouldn't have done any skin shading at all, and would have left the details of the face (the eyes, the eyebrows, the nose and the mouth) as the only bits of drawing and shading. However, I got a little overenthusiastic with the shading and wanting to add hair and ended up having to blend it out.
  • On the left, you can see some of the finer details of the eyelashes. I don't know why I like these eyelashes in particular, but I did feel like it was one of the more interesting touches of this piece, especially in all of its simplicity.
  • In the right photo, you can see what is probably my favorite parts of this entire face. I entirely adore the way the watercolor dried, even if it did smudge a bit. The line where the watercolor didn't even make it was also cool and thoroughly enjoyed. The highlights in the lips are another plus.
As I said at the beginning of this post, I don't have a whole lot to share with all of you, but I hope that you enjoyed the face that I did come up with. In the end, I like her, even if I would do her differently if I had another shot (and who knows, maybe I'll try this concept again in the future!).

Thank you all for visiting, and I hope you all had a good day. I look forward to seeing you all next time.

2 comments:

  1. Lovley face and I like the blue across her face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like her!

      The concept sort of evolved from wanting another way to incorporate watercolors into my work.

      Delete