Friday, September 23, 2016

Starting a New Project + A Major Announcement



Seeing as I have officially finished 29 Faces (though as I previously stated, I will continue to do faces on a more consistent basis, as I did enjoy it so much), I thought it was about time to start a new project. This has been an idea in the works since before this post, which was a bit of an experiment with a new medium and preparation.

For the next 100 days, I will be creating a 4"x4" canvas panel. 100 days is a big commitment, but I'm super excited to see where this will lead, and I think sharing what I create is a good way to motivate myself to keep up with it!



 As of right now, I think the majority of these panels will be mixed media, as that is the thing I am most comfortable doing, but sometimes it's good to push out of your comfort zone, so we'll see where it ends up!

At any rate, enough talking about the project and onto the actual panel itself! This is (1/100), and I absolutely adore the way that it turned out.


  • The big doodled flower is a piece I've been saving for a good long while now, along with a whole other sheet I did. I just used a paintbrush dipped in India ink and painted shapes and designs in order to create a piece of paper that I absolutely adored. I've been hoarding this for a while, but I've been using it quite a bit recently - it seems like it's going to have to be something I continue doing, since I do enjoy it so much!




  • In these photographs you can better see what is probably my favorite part about working on canvas in general - the texture! The way the paint catches in the nooks and crannies is just so beautiful, and it definitely makes me want to play with it more. 
  • There were many layers of play on this little square (at one point I thought I had went a bit overboard, since I always have trouble knowing when to stop, but I managed to reel it back), from paint to collage to stamping and stenciling.
  • I also played around with using a brayer a little bit on this square - it was the very first layer that I put down, in a neon pink color. I've been trying to work my art in stages, though a lot of it just has to do with me wanting to squeeze in a little bit of art before work. However, this morning I slept a bit later than I intended, and that one simple layer was all I was able to accomplish. I was thinking about it all day, and when I remembered I had this doodled flower, it all sort of fell into place.
  • The word "magic" is also something that's been floating around in my brain recently, for no real reason in particular, and it will probably end up making its way onto an art journal page in the very near future.
  • I'm linking to Paint Party Friday!
As I stated in the title of this post, I also have a major announcement to make, something that I'm extraordinarily excited about!

I have officially opened an Etsy shop! And in that Etsy shop, you will be able to purchase all of the pieces I create during this 100 day challenge I have started out on. You can find today's piece available here.

This is a big step for me, and something I'm extremely excited about. In the future, I plan to expand the shop, but for now all that will be listed is these canvas panels. Thank you all so much for visiting, and I hope you all enjoyed viewing today's piece. It really means a lot that you took the time to stop by!

2 comments:

  1. I am lucky enough to get a face a day done for 29 faces. 100 day of 4x4s ooohhh my. LOL You are off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I've always been a bit of an overachiever in all areas of my life, so this is right up my alley.

      I hope that I'm able to keep up with it - it was part of my reasoning for doing 29 faces first (to prepare myself for daily creation, as well as why I decided to go with a smaller size (to make it more manageable).

      Delete